“It’s 20 years since Hilary Clinton made that famous speech at the UN, and where are we now…”
The Executive Director of UN Women Australia, Julie McKay, joined Autopia and guests in Melbourne for an intimate lunch last month, and once again dissected the topic – Where is the merit in the Gender Diversity Debate?
Senior HR professionals were challenged to consider whether their organisation is really a meritocracy. With more than 50% of those entering tertiary education being women, yet only 3-4% of women in CEO positions… is that really all down to merit?
The above is just a sneak peek of Julie McKay’s presentation. Julie’s entire presentation gives you an insight into a number of important issues such as:
- How long it’s going to take to level the playing field
- How to avoid unconscious bias
- How diversity increases productivity
- What we can do to advance the cause
- The conversations we all need to have